1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Advice please!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by doeboy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. doeboy

doeboy Member

I know'a'noothing see

I've had my wife's micra done twice for £20 a pop for an hours "wax" and to be honest i was disapointed at how **** it was.

I poped in to a place down the road that quoted me £20 for my Audi which would take an hour to do using Auto Glym.

Soo.. would the results be just as poor? I really don't know and have never atempted using "clay" or any other detailing products on my car. I'm happy to spend some time but not hours and ours, and equally if for £20 i'm going to get a average wax it's not worth it either.

Advice please if you would. Esp you detailer pro's out there
  2. Boydie

Boydie Guest

an hour's work? thats pathetic to be honest

id spend nearly an hour prepping and washing the car

then spend a couple more drying, polishing and then waxing

finally hoovering the car out

but before polishing i could spend several hours claying, PC'ing and buffing the car ready for polish and wax :S

dont do it the cheap way, you will get much more satisfaction putting in the time to clean your car :jester:
  3. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Agreed. I can't wash a car properly in less than an hour; larger cars make that an hour and a half, add in badly dusted wheels and it's nearly two. The basic protection detail we do takes between 4-8 hours, and that includes a thorough wash, clay, and application of protection to wheels and bodywork, plus a quick tidy up of the engine and interior. A proper detail takes twice that long, sometimes more. So, £20 for an hour certainly won't product good results, and you'd be better off getting the car done properly a couple of times a year or doing it yourself. :)