Gemma's S3 With 20" Alloys

Ash B

Reaction score
Ok i know some of you have been waiting to see the photos.
Solar Orange S3 with 20" S8 alloys.
solaroranges31.jpg

solaroranges3.jpg

solaroranges30.jpg

solar.jpg

Can't see the pics in work but surely 20" wheels would seriously affect the overall handling of the car and what it was designed for?

I am sure it looks well though!

Im liking that big time :cool:

Never thought i would like A/S3's on 20's until I saw YU51UF 0's car on his Bentleys, but these look just as cool:thumbsup:

That looks damn fine, but I wouldn't fancy using those day to day, it must almost be like driving on the old style solid tyres that they had way back when.

Paul

Can't see the pics in work but surely 20" wheels would seriously affect the overall handling of the car and what it was designed for?

Apart from the lack of give in the tyre walls the right tyre size could see these bang on for circumference & perhaps lighter than standard?

Better on smoother roads?

Whats the owner think of the handling now???

Those rims do blend in well...

too big IMO. buckets on the other hand....

Although I think it looks ok, I think they are a little too big and makes the car look jacked up at the rear due to how the cars been lowered. I bet it chews rubber when pushed round the twisties too.

Thanks for uploading the pics Ashley :)

Pics are from when the car had H&R Springs on it, Ride was terrible, Handling was even worse. Also had some serious rubbing issues.

Now has the original S3 springs back on it. Ride is great, what you would expect from an Audi. Handling much better too.

Gem

Thanks for uploading the pics Ashley :)

Pics are from when the car had H&R Springs on it, Ride was terrible, Handling was even worse. Also had some serious rubbing issues.

Now has the original S3 springs back on it. Ride is great, what you would expect from an Audi. Handling much better too.

Gem

Larkhall? You werent kicking about Hampden the night of the coldplay concert?

If the concert was as crap as the Udine one I went to, she would of walked out within minutes, sound was attrocious from one of my favourite bands, singing was in tune but sound quality wasnt anywhere near as good as earls court, now that a few years ago was fantastic.

As for the car, loving the car overall especially the colour & the seats, the wheels, forget it, sorry, but way to big, pothole has his name written on them guaranteed, they wont last long IMHO & I suspect ride is tbh a little harsh unless you have brand new roads up there, no way 20's on any suspension in an S3 would be any good especially on stock S3 springs.

Last edited:
If the concert was as crap as the Milan one I went to, she would of walked out within minutes, sound was attrocious from one of my favourite bands, singing was in tune but sound quality wasnt anywhere near as good as earls court, now that a few years ago was fantastic.

They were fantastic -sound was good (so was the audiences' voices too LOL)

Had to be reasonable quality - was recorded for Radio 1.

Larkhall? You werent kicking about Hampden the night of the coldplay concert?

Bf was picking his brother up after the concert Yeah

As for the car, loving the car overall especially the colour & the seats, the wheels, forget it, sorry, but way to big, pothole has his name written on them guaranteed, they wont last long IMHO & I suspect ride is tbh a little harsh unless you have brand new roads up there, no way 20's on any suspension in an S3 would be any good especially on stock S3 springs.

Obviously ride harsher if comparing it to a standard S3, Bought the car lowered with the wheels already on it (I Definatley would not have bought 20s for it), and since changing back to standard springs theres a dramatic increase in the comfort of the ride.

blimey. . . What profile are those tyres?? Looks like they've been painted on the rims!!! I bet it holds to road better than the white lines :)
A bit too big for my liking however. I would look to go 19's...

Last edited:
:ohmy:

Wouldn't want the bill for a set of 4 20x245x30's (guessing that is the profile / size)

A grand minimum fitted for anything with a recognisable brand on them.

That said being in the black colour they don't look too bad. If they ride half as bad as my 19's I feel for you.

The black on orange effect needs to be something like CH/CK with polished lip or MTMs IMO.

Looks ****** awful IMO - each to their own I suppose!

Not a fan, I think 20's look too big on an A3, and I don't think that colour / style helps.

It would need to be REALLY low to pull them off, and I'm guessing now it's back on standard springs it looks over-wheeled.

not a fan either, the size of them is less important on black wheels i reckon because theres no contrast between tyre/wheel like you get on a bright coloured rim

I do think however, they would look great painted solar to match!