Gearbox

J0N35Y

Reaction score
Just a quick question people.

What sort of job is this to do. I've had a quick look underneath as I need to change the DMF soon and it looks pretty straightforward. Any ideas of the book time to remove/replace the box.

Many thanks

Also has anybody found any deals on the DMF's?? Could do with a complete kit with the clutch. Cheers!

Also has anybody found any deals on DMF's?? Could do with a kit, flywheel and clutch together. Cheers!

I've just done mine (well gearbox as well as 5th gear synchro went bang:ohmy:). I am in the trade and got my DMF and clutch for £420 all in (both Sachs). The gearbox is a piece of cake to take out. The only pain in the bare lock is when you put it back together, getting the bl66dy hydraulic hose to the slave cylinder sealed. Its just a push fit into the cylinder, the pipe end has a top hat rubber seal on it, and as you push it in a clip slides in to hold the pipe in. Not the best idea. Can't beat a proper banjo bolt for this job, but obviously the above method is cheaper to manufacture.
If you have any bother give me a shout and I'll do what I can to advise you.

The whole job start to finish took me in the region of 3 and half hours, but that is on a two post ramp in my workshop with all windy tools.