1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gearbox woes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Ewok, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Ewok

Ewok Member

[Jul 13, 2004]
    As my gearbox decided to try and get rid of all it's cogs through it's casing on Friday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I am currently looking for a new (or recon) one.
    I have just spoken to the garage thats doing the work and the best they can find so far is over £1000!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    Is this about right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif or are there cheaper around (for '98 1.8TS)

Any Help would be great as I also have to try and pay for my Wedding at the end of the month (bad Timing)

Ta /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Jul 13, 2004]
    Try these guys http://www2.1stchoice.co.uk/

They'll find the part you need from breakers in your area. The service is free and they quote the price with delivery to your door.

Hope that helps.
  4. Ewok

Ewok Member

[Jul 14, 2004]
    ta for that, found one (eventually, after getting the right gearbox code)for £600 less than quoted by garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Should turn up tomorrow and be on by the weekend (with new clutch).

Will try and get photos of old one to show where crack was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

Thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif.
  5. HTC

HTC Active Member

[Jul 16, 2004]
    Glad I could help. Yeah, deffo get some pics if you can. I'm really interested to see this.

Thanks.
  6. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

[Jul 19, 2004]
    OMG!!!