Gearbox and Rear Diff

Honkers

Reaction score
Anyone done this yet? For an S4 manual 00 model.
When changing the two, can you use the same oil or are they completely different? Any suggestions on brand name or must use Audi stuff.

quaif do an LSD for the rear. I am getting one
Gearbox and rear diff must be matched to the same final drive that is the biggest issue with swaps

not sure about the oil, would say it is pretty similar

the LSD allows much more agressive non linear acceleration as well as just generally giving a more stable rear wheel drive.
i find that any acceleration out of cambered or slightly uneven (especially crests) corners means I get slight slippage from the rear.
not important but I would imagine as I up the power to the levels I am working on it is just going to get worse.

Have you installed your LSD yet from Quaife? would you recommend it over the Stasis type?

not sure what the difference is tbh.
quaife has a good rep...both pretty pricey though

Anyone done this yet? For an S4 manual 00 model.
When changing the two, can you use the same oil or are they completely different? Any suggestions on brand name or must use Audi stuff.

I had mine changed a while ago, from memory:think: you need 2 types of oil, one for gear box and another for rear diff. I went with OEM when i had it done. I remeber it wasn't cheap for the oil either.....

I had my gearbox and rear oil changed today. You're right Duane, the oils are different. The mechanic told me he had to syphon out the last 1/2 litre from the diff because its not like draining out engine oil where it has its own plug. I used original stuff too and cost me 80quid for parts and labour.