Gear knobs

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I'm wondering if there is any better gear knobs out there for B5 automatics than the big chunky black leather thing I have.
I can't find any different knobs for the B5s so thought i'll come and ask you lot.

Is there any automatic drivers in this section? I don't think there is any in the B5, apart from me. :)
Has any one changed or know of any other knobs for the automatic?
Is the B6 knob better than the B5 knob and if so, do you know if it will fit a B5?

"Is the B6 knob better than the B5 knob"

......about the same - but better that the BMW Knob's :laugh:

Also look at the Bora Sport Knob (5 speed) or the New Jetta model's Knob

Auto gear knobs , sorry i read the post to fast, but some of the auto gear knobs in the VAG range can be swaped..

Wont a dsg out of an E30 or from a tt fit

BMW E30?

I can't see a reason why other VAG knobs wont fit if the shaft and button is all in the same size and place.

Need to get hold of on and try it I think.

Any Auto guys at ADI willing to yank off their knob for me? (That sounds really bad lol)

I've been looking at this , I'm planning on taking the wife's rocco "nob" apart !
Only sticking point is the new wave VAG have the button at the front where as the b6 is on the side !

I've been looking at this , I'm planning on taking the wife's rocco "nob" apart !
Only sticking point is the new wave VAG have the button at the front where as the b6 is on the side !

Same as mine.
I'm the only auto VAG owner I know. Its a right shame I can borrow any one elses to see if it fits and at the prices of new knobs on ebay, its a bit pricey to buy one to test it.

well the manual vag knobs are a standard fit, my b6 has a beetle 6spd one, id imagine the autos are too.