Gear Knob Badges

Chrismawa

Reaction score
Just got an sline ball gearknob for my Avant. Its a 6 speed and mines a 5 speed. Do the badges swap with my old one or can you get different inserts or anything to cover it?

Yep they swap over, did this mod a few weeks back. Just carefully remove the old 5spd emblem, they're held on with quality 3M double sided tape which I reused to stick it onto the new shifter.

Great I'll give this a bash over the weekend.

One other thing, is the ball style gear knob supposed to sit higher than the original? Seems like mine does.

Yep they swap over, did this mod a few weeks back. Just carefully remove the old 5spd emblem, they're held on with quality 3M double sided tape which I reused to stick it onto the new shifter.

Did you just lift the badge using a screwdriver mate?

I can't thank you enough for asking this, I have the exact same problem. Nobody sells S-Line 5spd!

Did you swap the badge along with the chrome border, or just the black part?

I can't thank you enough for asking this, I have the exact same problem. Nobody sells S-Line 5spd!

Did you swap the badge along with the chrome border, or just the black part?

Thats what I was stuck with first mate. Just the black badge is the part that comes off. I tried a screwdriver first and feared i was going to damage it so used a pen knife and it came straight off. Just go careful and take your time to not damage the face.