1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear changes?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by darren t, Dec 26, 2012.

1. darren t

darren t Member

Does any one know of a gear box that fits s3 or anyware that can fit like a rally gear box were gears are changed by forwards movement too go up gear and back too drop down a gear I've seen one fitted too an s3 on YouTube a lot quicker changes?????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team Brill Red Black Edition

4. Lewis583

Lewis583 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

If you want a fully sequential gearbox then you will have to contact someone like SQS or Quaife, but I hope you have deep pockets as they are mega money.

The other option is the SQS sequential shifter which retains the standard gearbox. The sequntial part of this option is in the shifter as it just converts the squential shift motion into H-pattern by using a motor and a cam/wheel with slots cut into it. This still isn't cheap at approx. £1400 for the shifter alone

5. darren t

darren t Member

have one of those already good bit of kit but I have seen an American s3 8l on YouTube using a stick like in a rally box just forwards for up gears back to drop down no side movement at all?

6. darren t

darren t Member

so it's called a sequential box? Is this just forwards for up gear and back for down gears no side movement?

7. Sam_

Sam_ Down under

Probably costs 3-4 the value off your s3. Then there's the regular rebuilds. Pointless unless you're racing and even then, only needed if you're chasing a few secs.

The SQS shifter is probably the closest...

8. Hammy999

Hammy999 Member

I have just got bought a Sadev sequential gearbox for our race car was £8600, so not a cheap option for a road car.

9. woody.dub

woody.dub Member

Both EUtuning and Oakleydesign do these shifters for stock VAG gearboxes and Porsches using electro magnets in the bottom of the shift tower