1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gear box mount

alipaton Jan 9, 2011

1. alipaton

alipaton Member

The gearbox mount on my multitronic g/box is shot due to a bad oil leak i had which ran down the g/box mount splitting the rubber.The thing is when i priced up a new one from tps it was £50plus vat for the rubber which i could live with ...but the part has been superceded by a new part which requires a new g/box cross member at the princely sum of £200 plus vat. £300 to replace a rubber bush is just taken the **** .Has anyone else came across this problem and did you find a cheaper fix .
    I've jammed a bit of wood in it just now to get me by but obviously it's only a temp fix (bodge)
    I'll tell you these cars are meant to be reliable thats why we all pay a bit more than you're average car ,but i'll tell you what i've never had to spend so much repairing faults on a car in all my car owning life .Definetly makes you wonder if it's all worth it I'm starting to think no :mad:
    thanks in advance
    Ali

2. alipaton

alipaton Member

Alternatively does anyone know if the multitronic and tiptronic use the same cross member /mount at least then i could try and find one at the scrappies