gear box mount

alipaton

Reaction score
The gearbox mount on my multitronic g/box is shot due to a bad oil leak i had which ran down the g/box mount splitting the rubber.The thing is when i priced up a new one from tps it was £50plus vat for the rubber which i could live with ...but the part has been superceded by a new part which requires a new g/box cross member at the princely sum of £200 plus vat. £300 to replace a rubber bush is just taken the **** .Has anyone else came across this problem and did you find a cheaper fix .
I've jammed a bit of wood in it just now to get me by but obviously it's only a temp fix (bodge)
I'll tell you these cars are meant to be reliable thats why we all pay a bit more than you're average car ,but i'll tell you what i've never had to spend so much repairing faults on a car in all my car owning life .Definetly makes you wonder if it's all worth it I'm starting to think no :mad:
thanks in advance
Ali

Alternatively does anyone know if the multitronic and tiptronic use the same cross member /mount at least then i could try and find one at the scrappies