Gauge needles not showing correctly

lukap7

Reaction score
Hi.
Recently I bought A4 B5 2000 facelifted version and I noticed that my cluster needles are not showing correct values (all of them except engine temp. which shows correct value). I checked all the fuses and they seem to be ok. I checked for errors with Vag-Com and i get 0 errors. Also when i shut down the car, the gauges seem to work really strange (needles jump up and down just before they go to the off position). The speedo needle sits below 0 even if the car is turned on and it's off by -10 kph. The fuel gauge is off by a half, the volt gauge is also off (shows too much voltage) and the rev counter is also a bit off). Is there anyone that had this problem or knows how to solve it because it's really getting annoying.
Thanks for the answers.
First picture is when the car is on and the second picture is when i turn off the car and take the key out.
IMG 20160815 165652
IMG 20160815 165815

the needles just push onto a plain shaft. You can either pull them off and reposition, or gently twist against the end stop to move them round a bit.

Someones probably had it apart to sort the LCD and not reassembled properly.

I took out the cluster and repositioned the needles. Speedo and rev are working fine now but the rest of the needles are still off.

Unfortunately i dont have vagcom available atm to test the gauges but if i get one i'll test it asap

I didn't check the engine bay fuse box yet. Is there any chance that one of those fuses is causing this problem?

Cluster is now fixed and gauges show correct values. I guess what aragorn said was true because I just had to take out the cluster and realign the needles. It took me quite some time to get them into the right positions but I'm pretty pleased with how the gauges work now. Thanks for all the help :)

Reactions: matt66604