1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gash radio reception

ian52 Jul 11, 2008

1. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

i recently put a new aftermarket stereo in by facelift a4 and the radio reception is **** now compared to what it was. is there any way to make it better?

2. Turbo Lag FTW

Turbo Lag FTW Hate those none insured you know who types

You need to get an amplifier kit for the aerial, [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]PC5-90 on this site mate[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_fitting_kits/Audi/A4.htm

3. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

thanks.

4. Turbo Lag FTW

I think you can get them from any halfords mate. I had that site bookmarked from when I did mine.

5. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

Hi mate, I have similar problem so have just ordered one of these. do you know where the blue wire connects to?

thanks

6. AUDI TURBO

AUDI TURBO Member

that intresting because i had the exact same problem i thought id wired it up wrong. thanks guys

7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

The blue wire is power for the adapter, needs to connect to "power antenna" blue wire on new HU.

8. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

thought it might be, but worth checking rather than blowing it :)
    I have just got the new pioneer DEH-P700BT http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/121/61/DEH-P700BT/index.html

but can I hell get the illumination color to change or pair it to my phone.
    don't need any more problems

9. Turbo Lag FTW

g60 I have the previous model to the one you have without the bluetooth and my illumination is blue only :( and I really wanted an alpine unit that had a red illumination but didnt have the money at the time, so I got the pioneer one instead but I gotta say its a vgood HU.

And yes the blue wire on the booster connects to the blue one on the HU which if I remember correctly controls electric aerials.