gash radio reception

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
i recently put a new aftermarket stereo in by facelift a4 and the radio reception is crap now compared to what it was. is there any way to make it better?

You need to get an amplifier kit for the aerial, [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]PC5-90 on this site mate[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_fitting_kits/Audi/A4.htm

You need to get an amplifier kit for the aerial, [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]PC5-90 on this site mate[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_fitting_kits/Audi/A4.htm

Hi mate, I have similar problem so have just ordered one of these. do you know where the blue wire connects to?

thanks

that intresting because i had the exact same problem i thought id wired it up wrong. thanks guys

The blue wire is power for the adapter, needs to connect to "power antenna" blue wire on new HU.

g60 I have the previous model to the one you have without the bluetooth and my illumination is blue only :( and I really wanted an alpine unit that had a red illumination but didnt have the money at the time, so I got the pioneer one instead but I gotta say its a vgood HU.

And yes the blue wire on the booster connects to the blue one on the HU which if I remember correctly controls electric aerials.