1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas gauge problem

Nimosonen Aug 17, 2013

1. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

Hey guys. My gas gauge is showing me wrong all the time. When I fill my tank up, it indicates 5/4 gas. And it stays there for like 200km. When I have 1/4 tank left, the fuel warning lights comes up. What can be wrong?

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Fuel tank sender I suspect.. any fault codes?

<tuffty/>

3. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

I don't have acces on VAGCOM, so I don't have any codes. Is it possible to change the fuel tank sender?

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

5. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

Thank you mate :)

6. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

I've done some research, and it seems like the sender and the pump are 1 unit.. The pump costs 300$..

7. phil miller

phil miller Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

does the speedo work?

8. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

Yes, everything else but the fuel gauge is working

9. phil miller

phil miller Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

check the fuses and if all is good, check the gauge when manually moving the level float, if still not working then it needs replacing :)

10. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

How can I manually move the level float?

11. Nimosonen

Nimosonen Member

I've uptained that I get low fuel warning light when I'm almost empty. The gauge is showing 1/4 of a tank still. Is there a good reason for that? Seems like the sensor is working fine, but its just showing wrong in the dash..