Garage using your audi when its in for a service??

Chimera

Reaction score
Website
www.chimera-s3.com
Hi Guys,

Have you ever taken your Audi in for a service and when you come to collect your baby, your positive someone has used it without your say so?

The story goes like this...

Sister has an A4 Turbo full leather trim, alloys etc (beast of a car) anyway our house was broken into specifically for the Audi car keys that they got.

We wake up at 07:00am for work to find the Audi has gone (side issue but when they were in the house they poured washing up liquid into the fish tank and killed all the fish, parents devastated, they had the keys what was the point of that?) where was I. Oh yea.

We wake up Audi gone, sister has tracker installed (GPS version), and 15 minutes later car is located parked up and locked with two police officers standing next to it. Police think it was stolen to order as no damage was found and the fact that it was parked in secluded location.

The police used the information from tracker to pin point the thief’s every move and then used the information from tracker to match it with CCTV on the streets (even down to what time the car moved from our house). (the gang who have been stealing cars are know to the local police and they even stopped my sisters car outside one of the known thief’s house).

Now then my sister has her car back but it has to go in for a service as the thief’s still have the car keys (new locks have to be installed).

The car goes into the garage for the service, a service that is supposed to take 2 days, four days later and still no car. Anyway sister is in work and a friend says that she has seen my sister’s car speed past her last night. No way as its locked up in the garage!!

I get my sister to phone tracker and ask them to confirm that the car has never moved from its location. Tracker says the car has been out on a number of occasions and supplies us with details of exactly where the car had been and at what time.

I wont go into what happened next but simply put if you have tracker installed use it to make sure your baby is where you think it is and not when you know its been stolen, its your car why should anyone drive it without your say so.

Sorry for the long-winded storey guys.

Chimera

Wow !!! You always know its happening (my friends car went thru a tank of petrol while having bodywork done!) but nice vindication for it to be proved !

What tracker has she got?

And sorry about the fish - that's just plain nasty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

This situation is when this "tracker" comes into it's own.

Trackm8.co.uk

It will SMS you the top 0-60, top speed, acceleration over a specified limit, breach of curfew hours etc etc