1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

garage stripped nut hole thread on hub

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MrGreen, Jun 2, 2013.

1. MrGreen

MrGreen New Member

Got my tyres rotated yesterday by local garage in doing do they managed to strip the thread on one of the nut holes on the hub and the nut itself. They said it was because nut rusty is this possible or more likely the garage screwed up ? Not sure whether to take it on chin or kick up a fuss though to tbh I wouldnt want them near my car again seemed a shoddy outfit.
  2. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Sounds like they didnt start the nut properly on the thread before using a nut runner. Ive never done this and nobody has done it on any of my cars. Kick up a fuss, if it was that rusty they would all have threaded right?
  3. LiveWire

LiveWire S3X

Complain mate, my guess is they got excited with the air gun thinking they are F1 mechanics and didn't do the first few turns by hand.
  4. MrGreen

MrGreen New Member

Thanks for replies year going to complain dont think it will get my far with them though and if they cant manage changing tyres around what hope havevthey got with avhub, they had the car for 5hrs when i went there at 5pm still not done so they rushed.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  5. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator

5 hours to swap 4 wheels and they bodge it up!

Hope they didn't charge you per hour. As said above, definitely kick up a fuss.
  6. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

Just spit out the name of the garage, come on!

Have you got the old nut? Post a picture, we will soon tell you.