1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage recommendation

ScottD3 Jun 8, 2011

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya TDi saloon Audi S8

Can any one recommend a good reputable garage in southampton?

2. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya TDi saloon Audi S8

Thanks.
    They do fords? :)

I'm not 100% sure on the back story or on the details what she said is the garage they go to just charged her £90 to fit a spark plug to her smart car and over £400 to fix the wipers on a Ford Galaxy. They asked for the car back and the garage said they need to pay £60 for them to put the car back together.
    She's after another garage.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  4. Gti Jazz Blue

Not sure I assumed it was for a VAG, mind a Galaxy is a VAG as it is made by VW but then just has Ford badges on it.
    I know a few general garages over my way that are OK (Fareham).

That £400 is possibly the right price for the job if it is the mechanism that has seized, £60 is also probably a fair price for the dismantling required to diagnose that the mechanism has seized and requires replacing. Again £90 doesn't sound that bad for changing a spark plug on a smart it depends on how much labour is required to access it.

That is the problem if you can't do these kind of jobs yourself.

Paul

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  5. Gti Jazz Blue

I've had work carried out at the garage where my mate works and they are quite reasonable with their prices :-

New Park Garage Unit 5, Station Industrial Park, Duncan Road, Park Gate, Southampton SO31 1BX 01489 556770 ‎

6. ScottD3

I'll pass it on to her.

thanks.