1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Enquiry!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by nu boy, Jan 29, 2008.

1. nu boy

nu boy Member

[Jan 29, 2008]
    My car is due for servicing soon and i was just wondering if anyone know of any garage in the west london (wembley,Perivale,Ealing Uxbridge,Southall) area that does a good job cause our friends at audi are extortionate.

2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. nik patel

nik patel Member

[Jan 29, 2008]
    Go to YAASH Motorsport www.yaash.co.uk , they are based in Wembley min. drive from Ace Cafe. Tell them Nikil recommended you!:respekt:
  4. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Jan 29, 2008]
    I second that....

Saying that, I am not sure where I can go for a service now...!!:think:
  5. j4jon

j4jon Member

[Jan 29, 2008]
    You could try Storm Developments in Aldermaston. Not used them yet but may have to take my parents A3 there soon for diagnostic for the check engine light.
  6. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Jan 29, 2008]
    Looks good, but it is in the middle of nowhere by the look of multimap......
  7. j4jon

j4jon Member

[Jan 29, 2008]
    There is more around there than what is show on multimap but its not shown on most maps, although it is shown on google maps or flash earth
  8. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Jan 29, 2008]
    I just need to get to Maidenhead for work....If I can do that magic, will see if anyone has any expereinces of them on here..!
  9. j4jon

j4jon Member

[Jan 29, 2008]
    That may be a bit tricky, I could possibly drop you off at the station if needed depending on the time.
  10. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy Member

[Jan 30, 2008]
    Unfortunatly I wouldnt recommend Biltons in Perivale, after about 10 Years using them they let me and my family down too many times just recently and have pretty much bull****ted there way through problems and then in my case charged silly amounts for unnecessary work and in my brothers attempted to charge him for a part he supplied.
  11. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Jan 30, 2008]
    Thanks for that, but I have my wife in tow most mornings...Fontain is a great location for me, but the service IMO is poor...

Thanks
  12. gibo

gibo New Member

[Jan 30, 2008]
    im in harrow, but am going to drive to herts to get mine done here..

autops.co.uk
  13. S3 Dave

S3 Dave Now running on Heavy Oil

[Jan 30, 2008]
    Out of interest what is wrong with Fontain?? I bought my car there nearly 5 years ago??
  14. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

[Jan 30, 2008]
    I've heard bad things about Fontain too. I also arranged a deal with one of their techs to do some work on the side, then he tried to charge me almost fontain price, when he was doing it in his back yard.

Storm - I'm not sure about, they didnt do a great job for me and I know someone else who isnt 100% about their work too.
  15. Wil-S3

Wil-S3 New Member

[Jan 30, 2008]
    Hi, im in Uxbridge..had my 1.8T serviced at Fontain in Iver and thought they were good!?!
  16. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 30, 2008]

Without being funny Dave, but you have heard bad things about Fontain, then continued to use one of their techs for work on the side? Can't be a good thing in the first place can it? lol. Also wanted to point out that him trying to charge you Fontain prices has nothing to do with Fontain, it's a seperate issue all together.

I'm not defending Fontain by the way, never even used them in the past....
  17. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

[Jan 30, 2008]
    No, I heard bad things because a friend of mine took his A4 there and the prices and customer attitude was shocking.

He kicked up a fuss and got talking to a tech about doing some work on the side, hence my involvment.

I wouldnt use VW High Wycombe but the only mechanic I trust on my car is a tech there, they are mutually exclusive.
  18. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

[Jan 30, 2008]
    Customer attitude at Fontain was poor for me, I spent £450 there initially for a 40000 mile service and a read brake pad change. Good by Audi prices granted. However, not all the service items were conducted..

Further, I did not feel welcome there and the staff i dealt with were not friendly. However, I took the car back, giving them the benefit of the doubt and given the close proximity to my wife's work, for a retrofit item. They charged an arm and a leg for a job that should take an hour to do. They also left the jubille clip off the airbox, which could have sucked anything into the engine, and two fuses have already blown on the retrofitted item....I have approached them about this, and they wanted to charge me an hour's labour just to recheck it....

Good service....??? :slap:
  19. nik patel

nik patel Member

[Jan 30, 2008]
    Also i would recommend http://www.rac-london.co.uk/ Russell is a Audi expert aparently one of the best Audi technicians in the UK. Brand new workshop i had some minor work there, very good service.