1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming online......

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by mikeclark007, Jul 27, 2006.

1. mikeclark007

mikeclark007 Member

Hi all.

Just wondering if you can partake in online gaming through tiscali or talktalk broadband services. Gaming articles are always going on about BT Yahoo & Orange (formerly Wanadoo) and they do say in the gaming instruction manuals to check with your service provider to see if you can game online through them. Any info?

Cheers.
  2. Jampublic

Jampublic Taking it easy..

I guess it depends on what speed broadband you have!

I have just setup a wireless system at a friends house on Tiscali and linked up his Xbox, so in the next few days I will know the answer! He is limited since the fastest speed he can have is 512k. Originally he was using some rubbish USB dial up modem, which sucks!

At home I have my PS2 or Xbox online with BT broadband, runs fine not much lag at all. I think i currently have 2meg at home.

Helpfull? errr not sure!
  3. mikeclark007

mikeclark007 Member

Nice 1 mate - i'm currently running of 4MB so if you could post the outcome of the Tiscali link-ip that would be great. I cant find a thing that even mentions online gaming on their site.
  4. Jampublic

To be honest once you have broadband, you don't need their help and they can't offer you support for only line gaming. Are you online gaming on a PC, MAC, PS2 or X-box? Normally all of them find their own sites for the game your playing, as soon as you start up the program and the access the internet.

Haven't had a chance to finish up and check the tiscali/512k setup! : ( sorry
  5. Jampublic

I have good news with the results of xbox online with Tiscali 512k boardband, it works just fine! I have played online against my friend from home and played on his setup this morning and it works fine.

So i believe you had a 4meg connection, which means you will be just fine!

Enjoy online gaming!
  6. roy_barber99

roy_barber99 Member

big fan of counter strike source
  7. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

if your talking about PC gaming, then any ISP will allow you to. I'm a great fan of unreal tournament and play in a clan every night :)
  8. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

A bit off topic but I'm with BTbroadband and came back off hols 4 weeks ago and they eventually told me two days ago they reckon its the modem,spent about three hours on the phone speaking to 'Edwin' or Rasheed repeating myself constantly an example was I connected to the main point which is under a fascia on the telephone box and then they asked if I had any fax's or sky connected when its impossible to do so,3 years with them and after all this shit they want me to purchase another modem but no refund on my twenty seven quid a month
    BF2 is the dogs bits
  9. Jampublic

BT are great when it comes to internet faults! They love the fax, telephone lyrics and it is never the problem.. Poor BT

Different question!

Has anyone played Burnout Revenge or Takedown online? Played Burnout Takedown last night, thought it was a great game and must be fun online in Road Rage option.