1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G65 wiring test

Discussion in 'Air Conditioning' started by whinfs, Jul 9, 2013.

1. whinfs

whinfs Member

Evening
    ECON light permanently on. I went to have my a/c regassed at a local auto elec. he informed me there was a fault with the pressure sensor and i would have to return another day to leave the car to have the wiring to the sensor checked, new sensor fitted and regassed for £200. ouch.

ive got a multimeter - can i unplug the sensor and see what voltages are present? if so should the engine be running and what voltages should be there?

i really cant afford £200....

cheers
  2. Chillout

Chillout Member

Your sensor should just unscrew and the schrader valve core should hold the charge unless the core has been removed or leaks
    unscrew it very slowly you will get a little hiss but it should stop before it runs out of threads.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  3. whinfs

whinfs Member

thanks for the reply. i plan on doing that but it was wondering can i test the electrical side i.e. the plug to make sure voltages are there
  4. Chillout

Chillout Member

Yes it can be done terminal 1 is at the square end it is the ground/negative terminal 2 is in the middle and sends a square wave to the ecu that can be measured with a scope terminal 3 is the positive round end

i would assume it is faulty if your system is not choked or overcharged hope this helps.