G200 Lateral acceleration sensor replaced, still got ESP light. Reset needed?

jackpilk

Reaction score
I've read that lot's of people haven't had to have there's reset with Vagcom and simply changed the sensors and the light went off.

Anyone been in this situation?

If it does need to be reset I'm guessing I will need the proper version of Vagcom to do it? A friends garage have the Bosch laptop will that do the same thing? We used it to find the problem but I'm unsure if it can reset the sensor. Plus I can't get of hold of him to ask.

Thanks

Where are you located?

Ok, here is a link for users on here who have VCDS cables. Click on the blue baloons of those in your area and send them a pm and ask them if they will do a scan for you. Its worth a try. Sorry i cant be more use than that. :)

Audi-Sport.net VCDS Users - Google Maps

Hope it helps.

Is it actually sitting flat? When I had to replace mine, I had the same issue and then realised the actual mount was bent. Presumably when the clutch pedal was fixed. Something to check.

Is it actually sitting flat? When I had to replace mine, I had the same issue and then realised the actual mount was bent. Presumably when the clutch pedal was fixed. Something to check.

When you say flat.. How would I check this? If I was looking at it head on should it look completely flat?
Right, going to dig out my spirit level.

I'l give this a look Sam, I did come across your old thread earlier.

The sensor should be flat when it's in the mounting. Mine was a little ******. Should be pics in my thread near the start.

g200_bracket.jpg

I'm guessing the top right part should be straight rather than the angle it's at now?

That would make sense. The sensor can only go in one way in it's little bracket so that can't be cause for concern.

I'l get the bracket it off tomorrow and see if it's to blame.