G101

Wozski

Reaction score
Just purchased some G101 APC and i wanted to know the best dilution rates for under the bonnet?

Can it be used on everything under the bonnet or do i need to cover some things up?
Do i need to rinse aswell with open ended hose with engine running too?

What about cleaning the interior with it? Dilution rates again??

CMD just seen your post - so gimme some advice!!!

Cheers

Morning Warren.. What you need to do is dilute the g101, for heavy grime/dirt (engine bay area) I went for a strong mix 2 capfull's to 1 ltr. You can't use G101 on your interior ie plastics and dash seats ect but you can use it on the door shuts and jams , once you have got the area clean rinse immediately. Using G101 in the egine bay area is fine (use when engine is cold) give dirt/grime a few blasts with g101 work the area with a brush of your choice and again rinse, I use a pump action spray bottle to rinse small and awkward areas. Do not let G101 dwell on polished or bare metal or rubbers. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks col
I have also purchased some AG Vinyl and rubber - is it just a cse of spraying on and wiping off?
Can this be used on the dash in the car?
With the g101 rinsing the engine bay with an open hose is that ok?
cheers

Rinse off at a very low pressure, have the engine running. I would use the AG VRC on a section at a time (engine off) as many people just drench/spray the whole of frigging engine compartment in a white mess, many parts are easy removed from the engine ie Cover's, Rubber's, caps. I don't see any problem in using it on the dash but i think it may look a little to shiny..

Last edited:
Cheers col - will do a write up when materials come!!

god if warrens doing his engine think I better pull my finger out too lol ne detailing shops in south west area I can pick some products up
no need dude, we are gona sort that for you before show time anyway.

my car is looking rather pale so next month is going in the garage for a whole week for her treatment

aswel warren reference G101 on the plastics inside, it can be used inside but i only tend to keep it on the plastic kick sills where your feet catch. no need to use on the dash mate, good old warm water and a light cleaner(nothing aggresive) will clean the dash and surrounds easy enough, you want to keep the dash looking matt so what ever you do dont use VRC on the dash, i dont even think it will work anyway

cheers for the advice G
Im still waiting for my G101 to turn up = hopefully the post man will have it on him tmw!!

jeez Colin and Grant you guys are really into detailing i see, just seen you website are you going to have the pics on view without having to click on the hyperlink?

jeez Colin and Grant you guys are really into detailing i see, just seen you website are you going to have the pics on view without having to click on the hyperlink?

Cheers mate we are still working on the website (The wife is) as we do need a better website as the one we have at the moment is free, we hope be up and running within the next few week's..

colins wife is doing a good job at getting us a better website, like col said the one we have is free and not the best so its on the cards and should be running soon.

and yes we take detailing very seriously dude :)

look forward to seeing the improved site soon let me know when its fully up and running...
maybe before pics as well love seeing transformation pictures

look forward to seeing the improved site soon let me know when its fully up and running...
maybe before pics as well love seeing transformation pictures

The Cobra we did a few weeks back was a massive transformation..

G101 came today!! Very late in coming so will do it tmw or weekend.............