fwd v quattro 1.9 tdi

fwd or quattro 1.9 tdi sport avant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
people saying they were looking for a quattro but found a mint fwd lol. id rather buy a quattro missing all its corners than a fwd.

Bit harsh considering most of us in the b6 section are fwd yes they don't go round bends as good or drive in snow but everyone has there opinion.... Some opinions are also best kept quite rather than a forum squabble in my opinion... I have my reasons why I brought a fwd tdi simple cheap diesel for the mrs to drive and my toy don't get abused...really don't see how going for the bigQ would of helped her go to the shops etc...and probably the extra 2k required to get the Q.. Sorry for the rant Murran but the comment is out of order for all the rest of us.... And I love quattros also... Dont mean the other 75% would rather drive around with all 4 corners missing....

RANT OVER

Reactions: yendall24
Damn, all these stories about the Quattros is making me wish I went for one now :( But in FWD's defense I still find it very good just a bit understeery.

Hi all
i drove to Norfolk from Cardiff round triP , with a bit of camping
gear in the boot , best part of 600 miles on 1 tank @ avg 80 mph
and I was smiling all the way in the ******* rain ...

Oh I use to have a integra r . Best fwd car made!
Then a scooby sti and shogun sport , now quattro see the patten 4 WD...

Damn, all these stories about the Quattros is making me wish I went for one now :( But in FWD's defense I still find it very good just a bit understeery.

If its any consolation the Haldex cars are still biased to under steer, so we tend to fit updated rear anti roll bars, anti lift kits and better suspension to balance it out. I also went for the linear Revo map as whilst it has less initial shove you can control the car better with the throttle in longer corners. If you abuse Haldex system too hard in the corners it sends a signal to the ECU to cut the boost and your power as it pulls your car back in to line, so there is still an art form to making sure you don't exceed the physics, otherwise it just saves you from the ditch rather than making you fast!

Pretty much any idiot can drive a Quattro/Haldex car fast straight from the off, it's incredibly forgiving. FWD/RWD requires more driver skill, but as a result you learn much more about car control and sympathy!

No one has actually insulted FWD, have they? As far as I can see the quattro fans have simply said they prefer it. I test drove several B6s and when I got in the quattro ones the difference was night and day. FWD has it's place too, but it is not for me.

If you've got an iPhone (I don't), and someone else gets an iPhone 5 and tells you how great it is, and how much they prefer it to the previous iPhone, and raves on about all its great features and how they could never go back to an iPhone 4, would you seriously get offended? I'd hope not. I certainly wouldn't.

Regardless of what anyone else ever says, I absolutely love my car to bits. Don't you? If someone said how they'd rather have a B7 with no corners than a B6 because they found the twin front grille disgusting, lol. That's their opinion, and I'll carry on with my day comfortable with my own opinion that the B6's look way more bulky and aggressive than any of the newer models.

It's the internet, lighten up :arco:

quattro, every time. wheel spin and traction lights flashing at me isnt my thing.
+1

After I had it chipped the FWD 1.9TDi Sport Avant I had a few years back just spun it's front wheels at every opportunity (the traction control was really slow coming in), which made pulling out of side turnings onto fast roads a nail-biting affair in the wet.

All the other Audis I've had have been quattro (one Haldex, all the others Torsen) and even though they're putting down more power and torque wheel spin or traction control light flashing is a rare occurrence.

Bit harsh considering most of us in the b6 section are fwd yes they don't go round bends as good or drive in snow but everyone has there opinion.... Some opinions are also best kept quite rather than a forum squabble in my opinion... I have my reasons why I brought a fwd tdi simple cheap diesel for the mrs to drive and my toy don't get abused...really don't see how going for the bigQ would of helped her go to the shops etc...and probably the extra 2k required to get the Q.. Sorry for the rant Murran but the comment is out of order for all the rest of us.... And I love quattros also... Dont mean the other 75% would rather drive around with all 4 corners missing....

RANT OVER

all i said was if i had the choice of a tatty quattro and a mint fwd. id still buy the tatty quattro rather than having the fwd id settled with.

a car described "as missing all its corners" means it has body damage to all 4 corners of the bumpers.

There are loads of reasons to drive quattro and equal numbers to drive fwd. I'd stick to quattro now I have one. It's the sure-footedness in the wet I find most appealing. I have a mapped 130pd and I wouldn't like to attempt even a mid powered start in the wet with fwd, there's just no drama with quattro. Also, if you're inclined (and I am - once in a blue moon), you can surprise people at the lights in the wet as they just sit and spin and you're already 30mph.

Well I wentand looked at a quattro today. Drove really nice, although the brakes did feel a little soft but they have just been changed so maybe need breaking in. All of the audis ive test drove seem to have a slight vibration on the clutch pedal (this normal?) I must say i never really felt quattro so to speak, but then again i wasnt nailing it! Bodywork was good, few chips on the front bumper and up the sides and a tiny dent on the rear passenger door. Interior wise was good although as on most ive looked at the door handles do look grubby, ash tray had broke and the button on the armrest to open it. (cosmetic). Full audi history and a recent timing belt and water pump. its currently on 130k. Gearbox was nice, pulled well, no smoke issues, aircon pulley is making a little noise, cant hear it in the car yet, Oh and the drivers door handle is missing but the owner has bought a new one to be fitted. So i bought it!!!! Then drove home wondering if it was the right choice. Im crap with decisions. Hopefully pick it up tomorrow.

Well I wentand looked at a quattro today. Drove really nice, although the brakes did feel a little soft but they have just been changed so maybe need breaking in. All of the audis ive test drove seem to have a slight vibration on the clutch pedal (this normal?) I must say i never really felt quattro so to speak, but then again i wasnt nailing it! Bodywork was good, few chips on the front bumper and up the sides and a tiny dent on the rear passenger door. Interior wise was good although as on most ive looked at the door handles do look grubby, ash tray had broke and the button on the armrest to open it. (cosmetic). Full audi history and a recent timing belt and water pump. its currently on 130k. Gearbox was nice, pulled well, no smoke issues, aircon pulley is making a little noise, cant hear it in the car yet, Oh and the drivers door handle is missing but the owner has bought a new one to be fitted. So i bought it!!!! Then drove home wondering if it was the right choice. Im crap with decisions. Hopefully pick it up tomorrow.

Well done for taking the plunge mate. I think the condition of the one you've bought is about the same as the one I've been looking at which puts my mind at ease a little. I'd imagine they all need a little tlc somewhere. May i ask how much you paid??

Well done for taking the plunge mate. I think the condition of the one you've bought is about the same as the one I've been looking at which puts my mind at ease a little. I'd imagine they all need a little tlc somewhere. May i ask how much you paid??

thank you. pm sent.