1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fuses

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jase0851, Jul 26, 2007.

1. jase0851

jase0851 Member

[Jul 26, 2007]
    is there anymore fuses apart from the ones on the side of the dash my leccy seats are both dead and the fuses are ok on the side of the dash ? cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. a4sline

a4sline Member

[Aug 16, 2007]
    Hi,
    Fuses for the leccy seats are situated on the relay plate bracket. To access, remove end fuse panel on right side, then the 3 x 8mm headed bolts around the lower right hand panel under steering column and give a good tug and off it will come. The 2 fuses are sat next to the relays. one for left and one for right,
    HTH
  4. a4sline

a4sline Member

[Aug 16, 2007]
    Jase,
    Just read futher down the threads and noticed that you've changed to electric seats. I did the same on mine , only problem is that if you only have electric lumber support, the wire is 1mm diameter and 10amp fuse, I checked on the wiring diagrams and if you have electric seats, the wires are in the same designations but are upgraded to 2.5mm in diameter and uprated fuse to 25amp.
    What you need to do is take the pins out of the multi plugs under the seats and using the same positions, run some 2.5mm twin cable from each seat to the battery positive screws under the earlier stated relay plate and make sure you put a 25amp fuse in the positive supply to each seat as close to the relay plate. Easy job to do and takes a couple of hours to do a nice neat job.
    HTH
  5. jase0851

jase0851 Member

[Aug 16, 2007]
    a4 your a star after a shed load of grief lately at last i might be able to sort something