1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

full respray

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by hjdavies, Nov 4, 2012.

1. hjdavies

hjdavies Member

right after decided i dont really want to change my a3. got in touch with a old mate who a spray and im goin to get a full respray (of the same colour).... but i think im goin to stick a s3 front bumper and bonnet or atleast a big grille bumper but i dont no weather to go for drl's aswell or not.

and what shall i do with the rear and side skirts??

any suggestion ??

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. kanecullen89

kanecullen89 Active Member

What ever you do keep as oem as possible in my opinion. Oem skirts, oem front and rear bumpers either s3 or s-line (personally don't like s3 lookalikes)

What year and spec is your car?

4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

When you say DRLs what did you have in mind exactly?

for the rear bumper just upgrade to either the facelift Sline bumpers (plenty kicking about on ebay) or the s3 rear. the sides skirts are hard to find but either the votex or S3 side skirts are nice

5. hjdavies

hjdavies Member

ye oem is really the look im after. i just like the drl lights on some of the newer models...

6. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

the LED drls are a massive expense... you would need to replace the bumper, bonnet, wings, headlights, rad surround and a whole load more parts

7. Ironborn

Ironborn English...not so good

Yeah stick to 8P2 mods, keep the cost down. Plenty of nice looking 8P2 on here, have at them for inspiration. Respray in the same colour, now this I will never get. Is your paint work that bad? or far cheaper to spray the same color? I would be picking something like a Suzuka white.
    Votex :puke2:

8. hjdavies

hjdavies Member

ye its a mate doin the job so im only paying for pait.. and yes my paint is well ****.. coverd in scraches and little dents.. hes doin the wheels aswell. and to be onust i do quit like the colour aswell. iv had a good look at alot of the pic threads on here i got a few ideas so..
    on the drl front. iv seen a few aftermarket headlights on ebay... has any1 got these if so what do u think ??

9. Ironborn

Lucky you, ask him if he can do me the same deal :p. Those cheap ebay headlights will most likely blow ur wiper motor. Any pictures of the car?

10. hjdavies

hjdavies Member

ye i got a few ai.
    it looks good in the pics tho haha

Attached Files:

11. Ironborn

Yeah it does look good in the picture, can't spot a thing tbh, have you thought about full car detail? Anyway take plenty pictures once done :photo:

12. hjdavies

hjdavies Member

ye im a valeter haha... done a mop all over.ill take a few close ups later on. ull see what i mean then.