Fuel

BigD-S3

S3 Sportback Daytona
Reaction score
Is anyone running a S model on standard unleaded (95 Ron), have you noticed any issues? How does it compare with 98+ Ron?

Not good. Modern engine management ensures it's still nice and smooth, but the extra oomph from not having to ****** ignition quite so much is noticeable. Mind you the S3 has a very high specific power output, more than 150bhp/litre, so it does like a bit of extra knock resistance. I don't think the other current S model engines are quite so highly strung.

2009 s4 90k run on 95 all the time, covered arround 30k since i got it and no issues

never used 98 as there is no local garage so i cant really compare

chop

Has anyone tested the theory of better fuel economy from the 98?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would expect you to get better fuel economy with 98 but only a small improvement and more than offset by the price increase.

Reactions: MikeSel^
I have noticed better fuel economy when using 98/99 as opposed to normal 95, when I had my S3, i was on the motorway alot and I was getting upto an extra 60-80 miles per tank when using V Power compared to the normal fuelsave.

I have 2.0tfsi A4 now and still use V Power (or whatever its called nowadays), it has a turbo so just prefer to use a cleaner fuel on it.

I use 95 on my b8 s4, it actually states 95ron on the sticker inside the petrol flap
Such stickers usually detail the minimum standard of fuel that can be used.