Fuel rail leaking problem HELP!

JAMI308

Jamie H - Cumbria
Reaction score
My cars been stinking of petrol recently, so I had the the injector seals replaced and it sorted the problem for about a week now it's even worse of a smell and the garage said that it has a hole in the fuel rail! He said he rang audi and they said its a problem with the and there's a uprated version they do now and its gonna ale 10 days to come!

Can anyone clarify this? Or can anyone help me find information! Because I've never heard of a fuel rail commonly cracking where the weld is and in starting to think the lad at the garage has managed to do it some how when he was replacing injector seals. ****** off and need answers! ****ing hate cars!

Its a 2.0t fsi audi a3 sline special edition 8P

It does sound a bit suspect.
if it does have a hole i wonder if he has damaged it pulling out the injectors somehow.
here is a pic of my rail, not sure where a hole could develop? IMG 1592

Supposedly he said there's some sort of weld where there is a half moon shaped bracket on the fuel rail and it's leaking from there or somet. I haven't really had time or been ***** to check it for myself but anyways the part doesn't come for 10 days or so so I will check it myself see what's what, he said vag have made a revised version of the fuel rail as of recent and he's ordered that and some sort of adapter or something! If anyone can tell me what the original vag part no is for the fuel rail and if there is a revised part been made... Is be grateful. I can't find it no where :/

VIN-online.ru (ETKA) - Golf/Variant/4Motion, 1999

put it in google chrome so it translates . I suppose we can assume that if there is a letter after the part number then it's been revised.
the fuel in the rail is under pressure so it would only need a tiny hole to escape.
maybe he isn't chatting boll x and we are all just too suspicious.

Yeah the pressure is about 50 odd bar at idle and somewhere up the 120 - 130ish on full throttle I think as standard for these engines. I believe that it's probably the rail has got a crack in weld and it can escape easy under pressure just that I got the seals on injectors changed and a week later the fuel rail went haha. It'll be fine it will have to get sorted whatever case a just wanted to check he waste liking truth saying there was a revised part and that it was common. Cheers for help fella.

Right the parts have came and they are

Fuel Distribution Rail - 06F 133 317 L
Fuel line - 06F 127 501 AF
Adapter - 06E 127 065 B

im guessing by the L on the fuel dist rail part no that it is a revised part? But want to know the reason it was revised and when the new revised part came around. Anyone that could shed any light on this for me? Much aprechiated! Anyways it's getting sorted tomorrow hopefully and I will report back! Hope this is the end of it as it's had injector seals done already now the fuel rail! :(

Check the high pressure fuel pump pipes if u can remove and PTFE the threads.

Check the high pressure fuel pump pipes if u can remove and PTFE the threads.
Do not do this. The threads are nothing to do with the seal on the high pressure line, it's not a taper etc the ball and socket should seal.