Fuel Pump.

JamieT_a3

Reaction score
So I'm all booked in for mapping in September and the last thing on the shopping list is a new fuel pump.

What's the best to go for ?

Heard that people running the systec in tank had a few problems with it cutting out or is this only a problem that occurs with incorrect fitting ?.

It's an AUM and will be running a hybrid k280.

Help is appreciated !

cutting out?
not experienced that on any yet... Poor fitment and/or omission of one of the o rings results in problems..

Bill's on about the o-ring that sits in the bottom of the pump and helps seat the pump into the bottom of the swirl pot inside the fuel tank... Highly unlikely to be related to anything you've found under your rear seat
I'm aware, I purchased one of the intank pumps from him, fitted as per his instructions, but somehow I have a spare O-ring in the car, located right near the fuel pump.

That's why I still want to know which O-ring is often ommitted, causing problems.

I'm aware, I purchased one of the intank pumps from him, fitted as per his instructions, but somehow I have a spare O-ring in the car, located right near the fuel pump.

That's why I still want to know which O-ring is often ommitted, causing problems.

Oh right, from your post it just sounded like you just found a random o-ring under your seat lol

But yea, from what I understand it's the o-ring in the bottom of the pump not being installed properly that can often cause problems...

Lets seen a pic of the O-ring and something to show the scale.

There's only 2 bigger ones and a small one from memory, I had to cover the the bottom of the pump in vaseline to get it in as its such a tight fit!