1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Pump pressure rating

andykn Jun 14, 2013

1. andykn

andykn Member

On the way to Cornwall on holiday last week, after a goodly run on the motorway/dual carriageway, the next time we pulled up at a junction the idle was lumpy, hunting from about 8/900 rpm up to about 1500 and back. No obvious signs of distress otherwise. After another day or so the engine warming light came on.

The local place I took it to diagnosed and replaced a faulty Manifold pressure ("MAP") sensor but also said that whoever had last replaced the fuel filter had replaced it with one with too low a pressure, marked "3.0 Bar". They reckoned this had caused the fuel to run a bit lean and replaced the spark plugs too as a result.

It's marked as a Mann Filter WK 69/1 Made in China, along with the 3.0 Bar and blue date stamp of 0912; but that's all it's marked with. He's replaced it with a Fram G10243, "Cross references Purflux: EP207, Volkswagen 1K0201051B/1K0201051C" I think, as that was the box he returned the old fuel filter to me in.

Before I go back and have a go at the garage who fitted the fuel filter originally, does this sound right?

2. andykn

andykn Member

Anyone know what the pressure rating of an 8P2 A3 2.0T FSI fuel pump should be? Or how I can find out some definitive info?

3. andykn

andykn Member

Doh! I've got my filter and pump mixed up, I mean, of course, does anyone know what the pressure rating for an 8P2 A3 2.0T FSI fuel FILTER should be?

I tried Googling the Framm part no and "bar" and this thread was the third of three results.