Fuel pump failing

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not a very informative post. Im just quite excited that my car is working at 110% once again!! After having hesitation problems over the last few months and it seemed like nothing was helping. So finally i got around to fitting an uprated fuel pump.. My god! What a difference! I think the OE fuel pump was really on its way out and im glad i changed it when i did as it sounds like the bearing had gone in it...certainly play in the shaft when you shook it!! Car is actually better than it has ever been so by the looks of things, the pump was always a weak point. Its pulling MUCH harder for MUCh longer now, and coming on boost a good 700rpm sooner too (also had a long term boost leak i only just managed to track down!). So its back! Like a transformed car once again and i've got an ear to ear smile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Excellent news Rich! Glad you got it sorted mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Just need to get my **** in gear and get the Racelogic sorted out! Losing 2nd gear traction in the dry noW!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Glad it's sorted mate,which pump did you go for?

[ QUOTE ]
Glad it's sorted mate,which pump did you go for?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the time being just an S3 pump. Was only £30 from a scrappy so was worth a shot. Will get a Walbro pump in time.

Rich

SHOTGUN! Rich, I want to ride shootgun in your motor at Audi-International /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Shall I bring my helmet again? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SHOTGUN! Rich, I want to ride shootgun in your motor at Audi-International /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Shall I bring my helmet again? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as his bro aint driving you should be ok! If he is, then I suggest full body armour! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

(Sorry mate, you'l never live it down!)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately no track action for me this time. There are still some things that need to be done/changed before i take it back onto the track.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as his bro aint driving you should be ok! If he is, then I suggest full body armour! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just need to get my **** in gear and get the Racelogic sorted out! Losing 2nd gear traction in the dry noW!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you fitted that a while back. Is it not set up or something?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you fitted that a while back. Is it not set up or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its been fitted for over a year now. Very poor i know! lol
I've got wheel speed sensors to fit as the OE ones are doing some weird sh*t and basically not reporting the speeds correctly so having to fit secondary sensors. Going to fit the front 2 to pick up the driveshaft bolts and the rear 2 to pick up the disc bolts. I need to build a small 12v>5v power supply and fabricate brackets for the sensors. Once thats done, the setup will take 20mins

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL, I missed that last year, cos I left early, but Jason sure knows how to cook a set of brakes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately no track action for me this time. There are still some things that need to be done/changed before i take it back onto the track.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries Rich, I'm gonna give tracktime a miss too, due to slipping clutch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Like to be able to make it home y'see lol.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries Rich, I'm gonna give tracktime a miss too, due to slipping clutch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Like to be able to make it home y'see lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, being able to get home is a good idea. I shall have the car ready for VAG drivers day next year hopefully...And maybe another car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif