1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel pump clip needed urgent

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ilim, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ilim

ilim Active Member

[Jun 1, 2012]
    As me being me, while trying to fit auto tech HPFP I managed to brake the plug insert on top of the Fuel pump (the parts that's joined to the pump. Black and the the blue connector "connects to it". Not to the wired thing. Went to Audi today and they can't supply the this part on its own and will need to buy a new fuel pump to get this. The car starts fine and the clip is still connected (just)

Does anyone have a spare fuel pump that they don't need, I'm willing to pay the postage from anywhere in the uk next day + some cash for a fuel pump.

Thanks...

Ilim
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. CornRattle

CornRattle Member

[Jun 1, 2012]
    Do you mean the fuel regulator?
  4. ilim

ilim Active Member

[Jun 1, 2012]
    Just the black clip on top of the fuel pump when installed mate. It's the socket that the blue ended cable connects to
  5. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[Jun 1, 2012]
    That piece of plastic is pretty flimsy,and carries the electrical connections from the pump,as you know.
    If those connections are in any way compromised,the car essentially doesn't know what it's fuelling is doing,so I would be very careful how you fix this....the plastic insert on the top of my pump fractured a while back and the car wouldn't run about 2500rpm,so as before,be very careful fixing it.
  6. ilim

ilim Active Member

[Jun 1, 2012]
    So u think I might aswell get a new pump from Audi?