fuel pressure regulator help

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
i have an 8l s3 bam and at the end of last week I used an ultrasonic cleaner to clean out my injectors and fpr, put it all back together - bit of trouble strarting but got it going and all was well. next morning - when the car had been sat for the night it wouldnt start again - just turns and doesnt fire. so i pulled the fpr out, put it back in and it started. this happened everytime the car was left for longer periods of time - when the car was running and i stopped shortly and came back to it it strated first time. this morning i come out and turn the key - same as i mentioned so took out the fpr and put it back in again and this time it hasnt solved it. took the injectors out of the manifold left them connected by their clips as in didnt completely remove them and put everything back and still the same.

so i think it could be something to do with the seals on the fpr being broken or not working properly? I have been down the scrap yard this morning as i noticved they had an a6 1.8T breaking. got the fpr from that and it says 4.0 bar on the back. mine (from an S3) is 3.0 bar.

if i try the 4.0 bar one to see if it is the fpr that is broken will it work in my car? i have yet to scan it with vcds and oviously now the car wont start so i cant get it anywhere!
thanks josh

it will work and also cause +15% too much fuel... but will confirm if the fpr is the issue so you can get another 3bar

right well the new fpr hasnt solved the problem.. could it simply be that the engine is flooded? or any other ideas anyone? I know it's difficult because i haven't got any fault codes for people to look up..!