1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Leak :(

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by LaSarthe&Back, May 19, 2008.

1. LaSarthe&Back

LaSarthe&Back Member

[May 19, 2008]
    Hi everyone,

Been a while since last posting, but I still have the A3 :), which now has a fuel leak.

Fuel (V Power!! :,( ) is dripping from the fuel filter and on to the road. I dound a puncture in it and fixed it with Chemical Metal a friend recommended.

It cured the leak for a while, but now it is back, and not leaking from the same place.

Anybody had similar problems? Did a search, and shows mainly the filter to be the problem, but want to be sure before buying a new one.

Cheers,
    Andy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[May 19, 2008]
    Dude, I had a fuel pressure issue that was caused by the gravity valve meaning fuel was p!ssing out of the tank when the filler cap was off http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=55059 !

Anyways, check the filter again to make sure the hoses are clipped on correctly (i.e you can't pull em apart by hand). A new filter is £5 and takes 10/20mins once jacked off the ground. It may be the filter is full of **** and pushing the fuel somewhere. If all good, with the car jacked up take off the rear drivers wheel and wheel liner and see if you can have a look at the fuel tank and seals to see if anything is obvious. After that have a look underneath to see if you can see the damp patch where fuel may be leaking as this would give a good clue. Both sides have a tank, one side has a fuel pump and the otherside has the circulation pump; to get to these means depressurising the system and gaining access under the rear seats through two round hatches - you can they check and test if necessary.

Also wherebouts did the leaks appear, infront or behind the rear wheel?
  4. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[May 19, 2008]
    Oh these may help at where to look:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]