1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel gauge problem

McGart Mar 4, 2010

1. McGart

McGart Member

I have a fuel gauge problem on my audi s3 2001. The gauge just seems to rise and fall from time to time resulting in a display of maybe 100 miles in the tank one min then next thing you know its 40 miles or even zero miles.

I had a similar problem last year when engine management light came on and vag showed it to be a sensor, which i had replaced but there is no engine management light this time round.

Maybe dirty or loose conections on tank but unable to locate?

Thanks for any help.

2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

There maybe some dirt on the sensor, I had this on my A4 and just gave it a good clean and it did the trick, so might be worth giving that a go.

3. acano

acano Member

Hi, sorry to hijack but can you tell me where is this sensor located on the A4 as I now have the same issue
    Thanks Tony

4. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

Might be better asking on the B6 A4 section but i think the sender unit is most likely under the rear seat

5. finesse

finesse Active Member VCDS Map User

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

I read this thread a couple days ago, now I am getting this same issue. Need to keep away from this forum.

BTW I need to scan the car, if it does happen to be the sensor,

where is it?
    How much is it?