Fuel Gauge Issue

nohope17

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've read lots about the fuel sender unit playing up in Audi's. Mine seems to work about 50% of the time. Sometimes not moving at all, sometime showing the wrong reading and sometimes showing the correct reading.

The thing that I'm confused about is that my range in the DIS and the fuel warning light always works correctly. Could this mean my gauge is faulty or does the calculation displayed on the DIS not come from the level given by the fuel sender unit?

Its a Tdi 130 if that makes any difference.

Cheers chaps

Have done a dial test? There is a way of making all of the dials move in sync from bottom to top and back again. Think it is done via VCDS rather than the dash buttons.

Thanks, No I've not tried a dial test. What is VCDS? is that the diagnostic software?

VCDS is Vag-Com Diagnostic Software. Google VCDS and it will lead to a Rosstech website, the makers.

If you don't want to pay for the full activated version, you can buy the Lite version ($99) and use a copy lead from eBay (£12) but uses are limited. It will scan most modules and do some tests and edit some parameters.

Dan

Have done a dial test? There is a way of making all of the dials move in sync from bottom to top and back again. Think it is done via VCDS rather than the dash buttons.

Do you know how to do this as mine sometimes drops 1/8 from one journey to the next, but it only tends to do it for the first half of the tank when I fill it up.

Have done a dial test? There is a way of making all of the dials move in sync from bottom to top and back again.
You can't do this on the B6 or B7...with VCDS or anything else, the firmware just doesn't exist in the instrument cluster to do it.