1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel flap not opening

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by aphill24, Apr 4, 2013.

1. aphill24

aphill24 New Member

[Apr 4, 2013]
    I am having problems opening my fuel flap and I have to resort to using the pull cord which is on the inside of the boot. Once I have released the flap it functions ok but next time I go to fill up I am back to square 1. It will not open by pressing the flap from the outside no matter what. Anyone else had this problem before?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. andyarchery

andyarchery New Member

[Apr 5, 2013]
    I had the same problem. I found I could open the flap by literally banging the flap at the rear end. If it doesn't open the first time bang again and eventually it opend. Once opened it worked perfectly. However it returned to the non-opening mode next time I needed to open it when I had to repeat the same brutal opening method.

Good news is it now is working fine. I suspect the locking solenoid mechanism gets sticky but I didn't investigate any further.
  4. aphill24

aphill24 New Member

[Apr 5, 2013]
    Thanks for the reply, I am not sure I want to copy your method of opening it tho :) The pull cord operates fine without the need to bang but I was hopeing for a bit more response to be honest. I will use some wd40 on the switch to see if that helps,

Thanks anyway
  5. rob CAT 6030

rob CAT 6030 New Member

[Apr 5, 2013]
    Use your central door locking press lock then open 2 times till you here it klick it opens with that I had same problem
  6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Apr 6, 2013]
    With the flap open, when you lock & unlock the car, does the solenoid slide in/out ok properly?
  7. aphill24

aphill24 New Member

[Apr 7, 2013]
    Thanks guy's. It is working fine now. I pressed unlock twice and I could hear the solenoid click into action and when pressing the flap it opened first time. It must have been out of sequence or something?