1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel filter

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by 663KAY, Mar 30, 2005.

1. 663KAY

663KAY New Member

do you guys know if this is a serviceable item or what? I get conflicting information regarding this, plus it's not in the service manual (or i can't find it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)...i just had i changed 30 000 kms ago and now the garage (independent) wants to change it again...i doubt it needs changing though...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    do you guys know if this is a serviceable item or what? I get conflicting information regarding this, plus it's not in the service manual (or i can't find it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)...i just had i changed 30 000 kms ago and now the garage (independent) wants to change it again...i doubt it needs changing though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not a servicable item and Audi will never change it! However, just do it! Its will cost about £10 and when you cut it open and see the amount of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif in it, you will be glad you did it.

Rich

4. 663KAY

663KAY New Member

like i said, i had changed just 30k km ago. would it have clogged up already? I wouldn't wanna believe the fuel is that bad...

5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

For the little it costs, you may as well to be honest!

6. 663KAY

663KAY New Member

LOL...rightie then, will consider changing it when I have spare time on my hands...

7. richh

richh New Member

Rich

Is it an easy job?
    I've just clocked up 90k so imagine I could do with a new one.

RH