1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Consumption

doug34 Jan 18, 2008

1. doug34

doug34 New Member

I have had a A3 2.00TDI Sportback from new and on a daily motorway run of 62 miles was averaging 49-50mpg as per display 1, display 2 giving the total average from new continually went up and was sitting at 47.3mpg . Took the car in for first service at 17000 miles 2 weeks ago and car is now averaging 44-45mpg for same trip and the total average on display 2 is continually going down . Took car back and they did a diagnostics and could find no problems but said they had reset the computer but still same as before . I appreciate that nothing at a service should effect the mpg but was wondering if anyone had any ideas what the problem could be to lose 5-6 mpg for no apparent reason. Car drives normally.

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Is it affecting how many miles you are getting to a tank?

3. doug34

doug34 New Member

I havent been able to check that yet but it does appear to be going through more fuel . It does have 18 inch wheels , it wouldnt be that when they reset the service due indicator they have to input wheel size or that that may effect the computer readings