fuel consumption check-vag com

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
:think: A4 TDI 130. engine code awx.

seems heavy on fuel locally and brilliant on the run.

87.9 pence per litre = 100 miles and it used 15 pounds. local.

on a run it did 105 miles on 8 pounds(seems ok)

How can i check via vag-com if its running rich or if fuel deliver is as it should be,please direct me on how to do a measuring block test.

sebastian has give the fuel injectors all clear there readings were : -0.75 -0.42 0.66 and 0.52 mg/str

it is taking 3-4 seconds to start,on some weeks it starts instantly ,fully seviced new temp sensor,and all filters, checked in engine bay no visible leaks or split hoses, had enough:wtf:

CAN TIMING ON A PD TDI BE CHECKED VIA VAG-COM??

been told maybe timing's out (cambelt done 9 months ago) cut a long story short my fuel gauge was not working then,it is now working,i solved the gauge problem and have a working fuel gauge for the last 2 months.

So i decided/noticed car was heavy on fuel and renewed maf sensor and coolant sensor and had the car scaned and there are no faults logged.
the guy who did the cambelt did not use a tools to lock the cam/pulleys, instead he marked all the pullys with the usual "TIPEX" and then took the old belt and tensioner off,and the new one went back on,he then rotated the engine by hand twice made sure the marks/tipex lined up and put it back together.

Now ive been told cause he didn't use locking tools,timing may be out very slightly,is this possible? ive still got plenty of power,car drives spot on,black smoke upon reving hard is present but nothing out of the ordinary. THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THE CAR IS FUEL CONSUMPTION!
it only does 100 miles on 17.41 litres local town driving around 26 mpg.
if timing was out i would of said: starting problems,excessive smoke,and not running or performing properly,not just bad mpg!! any suggestions?

is it worth me paying again to strip the car again to find out if timing's out?:faint: