Fuel Consumption after Mods

errrrm
cold rainy weather? dont be soft
haha youve never been to the west coast of Scotland then m8 lol

gaz ill have a look at my injectors too but sure i wouldve noticed when i was in there last week , didnt smell any fuel or see any leaks but worth a check to make sure

u prob have not got a leak then u cannot miss it if u had going to fit them soon hope it goes ok lol

Depends how broken it is!

Our first A4 the coolant guage wouldnt climb much above 70 unless stuck in traffic, and it returned 24mpg on the drive home. Changed the stat and economy went up to about 32 for the next tankfull.

I'm not surprised - that is FUBAR! lol.

injectors done now these a big dif anyway all good happy plugs now and bushies

heres my findings thus far ,

had a problem with the plugs in that the motor factors sent the original NGK PFR6Q instead of the requested NGK IRIDIUM BKR6EIX so was foarced to fit the standard item , took old ones out ( same standard) and measured the gap which was between 9-10mm they were also a healthy light tan colour and didnt look too old, gapped the new plugs to Wellys spec 7mm, changed the fuel and air filters, cleaned the MAF with electrical spray cleaner, cleaned the PCV and TB with carb cleaner, checked all hoses were secure and no leaks , logged any faults b4 work and showed Clutch peddle sensor prob so took it out and cleaned it and reinstalled it

went short test drive then looked for any fault codes all was clear , went longer test drive and ragged it

I couldnt beleive the difference in performance it feels like a new car much smoother and quicker reving, very noticable improvement, so went back to garage looked for faults none to report other than my boost pressure is an expected 950 mbr but im getting reading of 990 ???

what does this mean ? has my car been remapped as everything else appears ok and no faults , its 2 weeks since i changed the thermostat and coolant and the temp gauge sits bang on 90 deg all the time except when sitting ticking over it will rise to approx 95 on the gauge then the fan cuts in and quickly goes back to 90

im now sat at just under half tank and gonna run it untill the fuel light comes on again and give the BG 44K time to do its job as they reccomend to use the tank over a 2 week period and should be filled at quarter tank again...

so still keeping a close eye on the fuel consumption and several sheckles later hopefully i will get better milage will keep everyone posted

Ok after all that experimentation I put my hands up :applaus: milage is no better tank-tank :shrug: although car feels more responsive especially on a full tank , therfore I diagnose myself as suffering from that well known of condition suffered by many an S3 owner aparently its also an incurable condition known in medical circles as ( Heavy Footus Basterdium Maximusi ):s3addict:

Last edited:
9-10mm gap wow thats huge ill just say my average is 32.8 on the DIS at the mo and mines just a weekend toy for blasting about in but i do tend to let it warm up a bit while i have a smoke as i dont smoke in the car then drive calmly till up to 90 then all hell breaks loose lol

thats exactly what i did currently seeing 23.6 mpg with mixed brisk driving , temp hardly gets above 75 unless gunning it or sitting in traffic so stat being changed tomorrow,
have also checked all vac hoses and all seems well

does anyone know if the temp sensor in the expansion tank will affect fueling at all if its at fault ??

That's not a temperature sensor, it's a level sensor to let you know if your coolant level isn't right

9-10mm gap wow thats huge ill just say my average is 32.8 on the DIS at the mo and mines just a weekend toy for blasting about in but i do tend to let it warm up a bit while i have a smoke as i dont smoke in the car then drive calmly till up to 90 then all hell breaks loose lol

:yes: