FSi S4

I asked the same question a while ago. I'ts coming, no one seems to know when

MY2007 is the current estimate, rumour has it that it will produce around 360 HP and 310 lbs/ft which is slightly up on the current model. Redline increased in line with the current RS4 to 8200rpm

Cheers guys, though I was hoping it would be a little sooner than that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dan

Does anyone have any updates on this? Is it still 12 months away?

I think Audi are seeing how it does in the RS4 first. I'd be miffed if I bought an RS4 then find they stuck the same engine (well almost) in a much cheaper S4

The S4 is also a 4.2. They are the same block IIRC but a different head.

ah I stand corrected. Has there ever been a 4L petrol unit in any of the recent Audi's or am I just imagining things.

4.0 TDi unti is the only one in the VAG group by my understanding which now has been increased to a 4.2 V8 TDi in the new A8. Nearest petrol is 4.2 V8

[ QUOTE ]
MY2007 is the current estimate, rumour has it that it will produce around 360 HP and 310 lbs/ft which is slightly up on the current model. Redline increased in line with the current RS4 to 8200rpm

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they increase the redline to 8200? The reason the RS4 revs to that level is so that it can produce it's power without the need for forced induction. I doubt the S4's redline will be increased as its power output is only marginally higher than the current model.

Does anyone know if the RS4 will still use hydraulic lifters or have Audi gone to bucket and shims to reach those RPMs?

Interestingly, the Q7 4.2 is the FSI from launch but it is only putting out 345 bhp (or PS?).

The economy looks pretty good though. Therefore, hopefully my next S4 will have a better range than the current ones.