Frustrated, why can't salesman make their own decisions?

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
We are looking at ordering a new A3 Sportback S-Line for my other half to replace her trusty Skoda Fabia.

I've spec'd the car, got the Audi Code and all I needed now was a finance quote to decide whether to proceed....

I popped into Birmingham Audi earlier, asked to see a sales guy as I wanted a finance quote and was told they were all busy but one should be free in about 5 minutes... 25 minutes later we see a guy, first line was 'I have an appointment in half an hour, but I will see what i can do', I explained situation in scrawled onto his duplicate pad my details and then tapped them into his PC. The Audi code is pretty much useless as to start to prepare the quote he had to keep referring back to the brochure! Once he got to the stage to produce the quote he had to speak to his manager, he came back saying all of the managers were busy as they had other quotes to work on so could i make an appointment and come back another day... In fact I could see them all sat round chatting in the office just off the sales floor, maybe the fact I knew what i wanted and didn't want to be sold anything made them feel i was a time waster but the didn't get off their **** to assist. Might be a flash dealership but service is poor, the guy i met said he would get a quote sorted by the middle of next week (i asked him to email me the details) - not exactly pulling out the stops for an order...

I guess he was trying to see if there was any discount available, which obviously would be greatly received! I assume standard on A3 would be up to 8%?

I wonder if I actually do hear back off him...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you got some poor service there! And I would let Audi UK know if you feel it was that bad.
I would definitely try a different Audi dealership. Even try a few and if you cant visit some, get a quote over the phone. My local Audi Dealership were telling me that they get a lot of people phoning from all around the UK trying to see what dealership will give them the best quote/discount. Even though they are based in Inverness, they sell cars to buyers in London and elsewhere in the UK!!!

Go to Stratford-upon-Avon Audi the last time I dealt with them they were good,way better than Coventry Audi

Reactions: warren_S5
Same dealelr group though.....Listers.....Whats wrong with cov audi then jo?

Same dealelr group though.....Listers.....Whats wrong with cov audi then jo?
Not very good in my experience with them,from the car they sold me to the servicing they gave me Tom

Reactions: Nilz, johnnythepie and jojo
Soz Jo.....yes i meant jase.Must be my age.Somethings made me blind....Id def contact audi uk, they should jump on it.Did you have a telephone survey? Customer service satisfactions affect bonuses

Go to Stratford-upon-Avon Audi the last time I dealt with them they were good,way better than Coventry Audi

We ended up buying a used A4 Avant from Stratford, went to browse to decide if it was A3 or A4 we wanted knowing we were looking at a manual diesel, left buying a petrol multitronic! Very happy with the car :)

Reactions: voorhees and jojo
We ended up buying a used A4 Avant from Stratford, went to browse to decide if it was A3 or A4 we wanted knowing we were looking at a manual diesel, left buying a petrol multitronic! Very happy with the car :)

Sounds good to me, post pics when you get it, ?I may even try and spot you. ;)

Here you go :)

A401
A402

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and jojo
Thanks, we are well happy with it :) Now is rebadged with black Audi badges so looks a little cleaner...

Need to check the sticker on the car, I suspect sports as ride is quite comfortable... Having s-line on my A5 so should be able to tell the difference then too

Another vote for Stratford here, Christian has always been very good in terms of support and aftercare service too.

Thanks

Gonna spend some time detailing, painting calipers black and hopefully upgrade rear lamps to the 2013 ones ;)

Painting my calipers was one of the first things I did as well:

You will have more luck upgrading your rear lights as most on eBay seem to be for the Avant. I can never find decent priced ones for the saloon! :(

Keep us updated on your mods!:icon_thumright: