1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fronts tyres

KRL Sep 14, 2007

1. KRL

KRL Member

I've done a quick seasrch and could not find anything hence the post.

I need to replace my front tyres on my 2.0 TFSI S tronic (FWD). Currently the front and rear have Pzero roso's on. How much of a difference will having a different brand of tyre on the fronts make? Would I be best off getting another pair of Pzero roso's?

Thanks in advance...

2. stevehsv868

stevehsv868 Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver

hello

here is a link to a tyre review

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10252/tire-test-the-quick-and-the-tread-page12.html

this puts

Goodyear eagle F1 GSd-3's in first place, which I had fitted to my golf and they are a great tyre, and hard wearing, but they do not have to look of a quality tyre like the michelin pilot sport.

Continental sport contact 2's in second which I currently have fitted to my A3 , which i think are ok , but they are vaugue in the dry when compared to other tyres, and I dont consider them to be hard wearing

Michelin pilot sport PS 2's which i think are great , but they are very expensive

3. Dandle

Dandle Member

Rossos are dire don't buy another pair. The above review is very good but its getting on a bit now and some of the tyres have been replaced, F1 GSD3s are now replaced by F1 assimetrics and contisport2s by 3s now. Evo this month have a good tyre test with the results as follow.

1st - Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
    2nd - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
    3rd - Continental ContiSport Contact 3
    4th - Bridgestone Potenza RE050-A
    5th - Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
    6th - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
    7th - Kumho Ecsta STP KU31
    8th - Dunlop Sport Maxx
    9th - Yokohama S.Drive

4. Neil C

Neil C Active Member Audi A3 Team Brill Red TDi

Hi

Have just had a pair of Eagle F1 Asymmetrics (225/45 R17) fitted to my TDI Sport Sportback. Far beter than the Pirelli that came off it . . and cheaper too. I paid £78 each for them from mytyres.co.uk, which included VAT and delivery !

Also, you should always have new tyres put onto the rear axle, so will need to swap the existing rears to the front.

Hope this helps :)

5. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

I replaced all mine with F1 Asymmetrics, seem pretty good.