1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fronts tyres

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by KRL, Sep 14, 2007.

1. KRL

KRL Member

I've done a quick seasrch and could not find anything hence the post.

I need to replace my front tyres on my 2.0 TFSI S tronic (FWD). Currently the front and rear have Pzero roso's on. How much of a difference will having a different brand of tyre on the fronts make? Would I be best off getting another pair of Pzero roso's?

Thanks in advance...
  2. stevehsv868

stevehsv868 Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver

hello

here is a link to a tyre review

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10252/tire-test-the-quick-and-the-tread-page12.html

this puts

Goodyear eagle F1 GSd-3's in first place, which I had fitted to my golf and they are a great tyre, and hard wearing, but they do not have to look of a quality tyre like the michelin pilot sport.

Continental sport contact 2's in second which I currently have fitted to my A3 , which i think are ok , but they are vaugue in the dry when compared to other tyres, and I dont consider them to be hard wearing

Michelin pilot sport PS 2's which i think are great , but they are very expensive
  3. Dandle

Dandle Member

Rossos are dire don't buy another pair. The above review is very good but its getting on a bit now and some of the tyres have been replaced, F1 GSD3s are now replaced by F1 assimetrics and contisport2s by 3s now. Evo this month have a good tyre test with the results as follow.

1st - Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
    2nd - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
    3rd - Continental ContiSport Contact 3
    4th - Bridgestone Potenza RE050-A
    5th - Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
    6th - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
    7th - Kumho Ecsta STP KU31
    8th - Dunlop Sport Maxx
    9th - Yokohama S.Drive
  4. Neil C

Neil C Member

Hi

Have just had a pair of Eagle F1 Asymmetrics (225/45 R17) fitted to my TDI Sport Sportback. Far beter than the Pirelli that came off it . . and cheaper too. I paid £78 each for them from mytyres.co.uk, which included VAT and delivery !

Also, you should always have new tyres put onto the rear axle, so will need to swap the existing rears to the front.

Hope this helps :)
  5. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

I replaced all mine with F1 Asymmetrics, seem pretty good.