Front wiper problems, cant find certain clip

SteveoBC

Reaction score
Hi there, new to the site an this is my first post

actually here on behalf of my dad, bit of a story here;

my dad has a 51 plate A4 2.0 sport
recently some pikey/chav nicked the wipers off his car on the driveway no less:nunu:

and in doing so broke both the clips in their haste, got some new wiper blades but went to audi gave em the reg and bought some wiper clips but these are completely the wrong ones

went to another audi place closer to home, they looked at the car and said we need completely new arms as the cant find these "square block shaped clips" seperate??

surely this cant be right, would have thought these clips you buy on their own?? im in the motor trade an felt the parts guys was trying to pull a fast one/ couldnt be ***** to look into it and just flog us new arms. Any help on the subject or anyone willing to sell some spare ones to us would be most appreciated

Thanks
Steve

Hello an welcome Steve :sign_welcome:

My understanding is that those little clips are not available seperately, and it is indeed necessary to purchase two new wiper arms.

Have a read of THIS thread too. It may be a good time for your dad to think about an Aero wiper upgrade, rather than spending money on replacement standard arms. This upgrade would cost about £80.

Is this the clip?

pic.JPG

yep thats the badger!

whats the difference with an aero wiper?? sorry not massively clued up on audi's

Conventional wipers look like this:

26052008210.jpg

Aero wipers have a sort of chunky arm, but a much slimmer blade too, just like a sprung rubber blade. IMO they both look better and they certainly clear the screen a lot better.

Like this: (sorry for the pic, just been out to take it lol).

Doorrings001-1.jpg