Front wiper motor price?

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi.
My front wiper motors making an aweful groaning noise, which has got worse this week with all the wet weather.

So Phoned TPS, for a price quote. £88 retail, £73 trade!!.
Tried GSF, £88 retail, £76 trade.

Thinking thats a bit steep, i pick up my TPS catalogue:
Audi A3 - 97<03 - 1j1955113c £78 retail.... £58 trade.
Albeit this was from Nov2009

Was the partsman being dozey or would they have marked there trade pricing up £20 in a few months?

otherwise, anyone know where i can get a NEW one cheaper?

Cheers

Would be happy with £58.. Not so much with £73 lol.
Not a fan of second hand parts either, seeing as their motors could be the same/ worse than mine.

nope TPS trade doesnt mean trade as we know it, i have several sources and they all get charged differently....only people that know people working in TPS tend to get rock bottom...that said Stoke Audi on here are pretty much the best priced ive come across, since i lost my TPS contact :(

Surely being trade....I should get full trade discount though?
If not, why send me a catalogue?..just to tease me :(

you'd think so but TPS have been doing it for years, i first noticed when i had a VAT number years ago, priced an item up with TPS then eventually rang Audi as wasnt able to get down and Audi were the same price!! made me wonder from there on in, ive only had proper trade since my mechanic (ex chief mechanic at Audi) knew someone at our local one, but has since left.... its not what ya know, its you know - they are skanks as my neighbours garage has been thinking its had trade price all this time - since i ordered from him for my N75 2 weeks ago, TPS were actually £2 dearer!! i thwen priced Stoke audi on here who were £20 cheaper!!

well worth a call IMO

Are you sure it's the motor? Far more likely to be the mechanism seizing up as they tend to do.

agreed, ive just greased her A3's mechanism and they work fine now after a few days use

Ive already renewed the Mech...
I knew it was going to be either motor or mech... went for the cheaper option and failed lol.

Anyone know the difference between 1co955119 (pre 2001) and 1j1955113c (2001-03)?
As i can get the earlier one from a local factors for £35ish new... but not the later one?.

Google pics look near identical.

cheers

nope but my 2001 S3 wipers are loads better than her 2000 A3...... maybe why

hmmmm.. Eurocarparts are only £58 too, and list the same motor from 96-03.
Confusing.
Better in which way Tim?

just seems a little faster on normal wipe, but loads faster and stronger on the fast wipe...othing massive but enough to notice the upgraded part, another reason i always advise facelift cars over the pre's