Front Wings

JregGT

Reaction score
Afternoon folks, I have recently bought a B6 estate, but both front wings are in a terrible state, so I'm looking at the availability to replace, or get painted. At the minute, the only wings I can find in the right colour code are S4 wings. I know traditionally S/RS models depending on variant have had wider bodies/wings and arches. So I just wondered if this is/was the case on the B6?

Cheers in advance folks

Rich

The wings should be the same mate. But someone that knows for sure will confirm this!

Here you go:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111360193724
I replaced both mine recently and these are indistinguishable from OEM once fitted. £40 each (inc delivery) for insurance approved panels is pretty damn good!
How much would it roughly cost to get new wings painted? These are £40 and I've seen ones for £115 already painted. Just wondering if it's cheaper to buy them painted or to buy them then get them painted?

That's magic folks, thanks for the replies, waiting to hear back from a couple of breakers now, so will see what they say.

Cheers Rich

How much would it roughly cost to get new wings painted? These are £40 and I've seen ones for £115 already painted. Just wondering if it's cheaper to buy them painted or to buy them then get them painted?
I personally wouldn't use pre painted panels as the chance of them being a perfect match is slim.
I paid £175 to have both new wings sprayed on the back and edges, then undersealed first. After I fitted them, I returned to have them sprayed on the outside and blended into the doors and bonnet. My car is silver so getting an exact match on separate panel is nigh on impossible. You really need to have them sprayed on the car for a perfect match.

I have one beginning to bubble - £200 quoted for non-genuine by a local body shop. Had the other dealt with following a wee accident recently, genuine Audi wing, £750 for the job - including dealing with damage to the door and which may have included cost of loan carb too of course - insurance job.