1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front wheel camber??

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Oranoco, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Took my car in to get the alignment done to find teh camber was out on the n/s front wheel. Found the forward most lower arms bush was split, sods law as it was the only bush that hadn't been polybushed. This was replaced yesterday and I went over everything with a fine tooth comb but there still apears to be more camber on that wheel??

Any ideas, as I'm stumped. Never had the issue before and the car has never been crashed or pranged?
  2. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

As long as it's within limits, don't worry.

Manufacturing tolerances can cause differences from one side to another, different loading, damper health etc.

(I am, of course assuming that you have put the bolts in the correct hole when you did the arms)
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Mines the same.

Basically you cant adjust the camber individually, but you can move the subframe over a bit to level it out.

On mine one side is 1*50' and the other is 1*20', so in that case you could move the subframe over a bit and end up with both sides at 1*35'. However, having a bit of extra camber on the NSF isnt a bad thing, especially with all the roundabouts we have ;) So i've just left mine alone.

How far out are your figures?