Front tyres needed for S3.

ton246

if in doubt flat out
Reaction score
Needing new tyres for the front of the S3, what do people recommend ?

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics :icon_thumright:

Great allrounders.
Seems to be the tyre of choice at the minute and get a good write up too.

Shop around and you can get a hold of a pair for £230 ish.

Good luck.
Paul

You might have trouble finding them at the minute. I have been looking on Camskill for weeks and they are out of stock, emailled and they said there is a problem at the factory - 2/3 weeks delay.

I tried local suppliers and they have none either - fine if you can wait, I might try the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta which came second in the Evo tyre test behind the F1.

I ordered four F1's last week (with a local trye fitting company) and only two turned up to be fitted last Wednesday (they also sent two GSD3's). They tried to re-order two more F1's but I had to wait until today for them to arrive. There is definitely a shortage of F1's but you may get some if you can wait.

Thanks for your replies guy's, have decided to go with Yoko Prada 2,s , have them on my scooby and cant really fault them, amazing grip levels & wear is not too bad either.

Thanks for your replies guy's, have decided to go with Yoko Prada 2,s , have them on my scooby and cant really fault them, amazing grip levels & wear is not too bad either.

Good choice, I'm goin for these in the summer. U can ge some real good deals. Think I even saw 4 tyres for 370 the other day!

Another general vote for the F1 Assymetric here...I had the Bridgestone RE050 from stock and i think everyone here knows my views on those.

The F1 is much better,but still a bit abrupt when it lets go....I've heard and seen a lot of good views on the new Michelin PS3 so that may be my next choice.

Another general vote for the F1 Assymetric here...I had the Bridgestone RE050 from stock and i think everyone here knows my views on those.

The F1 is much better,but still a bit abrupt when it lets go....I've heard and seen a lot of good views on the new Michelin PS3 so that may be my next choice.

Depending on how long the F1's last, I may well try the PS3's next. Used PS2's for the last 7+ years and never found them wanting and they lasted quite well.