1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front suspension squeaking like a old bed

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Dansmith, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Dansmith

Dansmith Member

[Jul 29, 2010]
    as the title says my car has started squeaking at any sort of pressure on the front of the car, I'm guessing bushes but anyone can take a guess at which ones? it doesn't seem to be steering related it makes no more or less noise when i turn the wheel.

Also anyone gone for power flow bushings? worth the extra?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. coopsS3

coopsS3 Woosh Woosh Wah...

[Jul 30, 2010]
    I've just had a similar problem! Replaced top mounts as there was a lil play, noise continued! Found out it's my anti roll bar bushes.. Job done
  4. Julz.S3

Julz.S3 6th Gear

[Jul 30, 2010]
    I have the same on my S3,and just had the front bushes replaced,Dansmith i think i've seen your car a few times by b'mouth uni.

Looks super clean,.!!!
  5. Dansmith

Dansmith Member

[Jul 30, 2010]
    Ah you prob have seen me around there a few of my mates live around that area! I have a bit of a problem when it comes to cleaning my car :-S a bit of OCD I think, although yesterday was very tempted to get rid of it cos its caused alot of grief recently!

There's a few S3's around bmth now! we are gonna have to start doing meets! lol
  6. Dazboss

Dazboss Like A Thristy Dingo ;)

[Jul 30, 2010]
    The very same problem ive got, im gonna spray grease on them to see if it is them.

Take it you mean the "body to bar bushes" & not the "link bars" ? coopsS3.
  7. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Jul 31, 2010]
    It will be the Front ARB Bushes, when replacing them, make sure the plastic sleeve is in there, as i believe its not having this or it being split causes the noise.

Nothing major to worry about to be honest, but can get annoying....especially when you are trying to look cool!!!!