1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front springs and wheel bearings

Gstar51 Mar 31, 2013

1. Gstar51

Gstar51 Member

Finally got my eibach springs on yesterday. I wish I would of paid someone. What a f**king job. Did 2 front wheel bearings too while I was at it. I don't think anyone had been near these pinch bolts. Top pinch blog sheared clean off and the the bearing cup was almost welded to the shaft. Dirty cut hands and 6 hrs later ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364754578.385075.jpg
    De badged rear to. Looks a lot cleaner

2. krisavant

krisavant Active Member

Worth it in the end though uh? Looks well smart!!!

3. Gstar51

Gstar51 Member

Cheers pal.

4. Gstar51

Gstar51 Member

Stops the wife flying over speed humps too!!!👍

5. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Just out of interest - how did you manage to remove the pinch bolt in the end?

6. Gstar51

Gstar51 Member

Alright Alex. I took bottom and top arms off and balljoint. Released the 3 bolts at the top of the strut. Took the whole suspension assembly out. Managed to get the nut off the one side after the bolt had sheared off. Put about 8 washers on the bolt. Nut back on and tighten. Slowly pulls out the bolt of the assembly. Get it so far out then use a drift.
    The other side I didn't even touch this bolt. Just took off upper and lower arms ball joint etc and took the lot out. Peace of p**s.
    not a 2min job.
    Bearings were a ******* too.

7. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Well-Known Member

when i did my springs thats how i did it takes around 2.5 hours to do but miles easyier then bashing your hand to bits for 6 or 7 hours

8. Gstar51

Gstar51 Member

The experience mate. Cant beat it. Lol