Front splitter

Wanty

Reaction score
Got a new S3 last week, loving it.
Looking for a front splitter. Any recommendations.

Good luck with that! Finding a nice one is virtually impossible! I too fancied one but the three I found were horrendous - very chavvy! If I find the links to them in my history I'll post them up for u, but don't hold your breath - it was about 3 months ago.

Reactions: Wanty
FAREAST Front Splitter, no idea how to source one in the UK tho. Seem to be all over the place in the US of A.

Attachments

• 21b65pj.jpg
    21b65pj.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 3,191
  • tumblr_noddbzUiGB1tlrs1to1_500.jpg
    tumblr_noddbzUiGB1tlrs1to1_500.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,233
  • 4983863_project-a3-sedan-p3-vent-gauge-and-fareast_6affc531_m.jpg
    4983863_project-a3-sedan-p3-vent-gauge-and-fareast_6affc531_m.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 3,067
Reactions: Wanty
For $850 they can keep there crappy plastic splitter haha and thats a group buy with international postage... insane...

I saw one on ebay from HT Autos, used there stuff before on previous cars. Didn't realise it was as difficult to source as this is!

For $850 they can keep there crappy plastic splitter haha and thats a group buy with international postage... insane...
Seen it cheaper than that but yes they seem to be charging a lot, probably as there are not many alternatives. Personally I think it's the best looking splitter out there at the moment.

Seen it cheaper than that but yes they seem to be charging a lot, probably as there are not many alternatives. Personally I think it's the best looking splitter out there at the moment.
Maybe but it still doesn look great, at 50-100 id be tempted but no more... And im certainly not paying for one i have to screw in all round the bumper

Maybe but it still doesn look great, at 50-100 id be tempted but no more... And im certainly not paying for one i have to screw in all round the bumper
Each to their own I guess. The current ABT (F'ugly), JMS (ok'ish) and Rieger (if you want your 8V to look like an 8P) offerings are approx the same cost.

There is this one also but not for the Saloon:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-S...409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20ff182af1

If interested, text from a FarEast review:

This splitter was wicked easy to install. It utilized factory bolts so no additional drilling needed. The splitter came with 3m double sided adhesive already applied in the necessary locations, so you literally just peeled and press. It will also lower the front end by roughly half an inch, giving it an even more aggressive/sharper look. It's made of ABS resin, comes in matte black, matte grey and piano black. The quality and fitment is perfect, no annoying gaps and very flush. All in all, I couldn't be happier. It also covered up the platinum front diffuser on the S3, which is something I've wanted to do for months now.

That is a nice splitter. But $850!!!??? No way.

Reminds me of the old Leon Cupra R splitters folks fitted to 8P's. People would sell 'em for £80 on eBay when dealers sold them for £35!!

fareast appears to be the best looking one, but it's a ****** fortune! There are others out there, this one by Xenonz looks good and doesn't cost an arm. http://www.xenonz.co.uk/audi-a3--s3-8v-2013.html

My only concern would be that all the photos show it on an S3 saloon/cab and not a hatchback/sportback which have completely different bumpers, i did ask them if it's exclusively for the saloon/cab and they didn't respond :(

EDIT: Please dont be tempted by the MK1 Leon Cupra R splitter, it looks horrendous on any car other than the one it was designed for, plus everywhere charges £40+ when they're £25 direct from Seat!

iv ordered the ht splitter ill post pics once its on

iv ordered the ht splitter ill post pics once its on
Nice one!

Look forward to seeing the pics. I'm ordering one end of next week. The other links on here show lovely ones. My experience of splitters is they get ****** super quick!