Front Side (park) Lights Stopped Working- Bulbs Fine

Spacemonkey

Reaction score
So I had the boring 5w bulbs in my front side lights, apparently working fine. After a couple of days of ownership I wanted to fit the Cree leds as I do to all my cars. As I have a few lying around it should be simple, but they are all 501s and the Audi has bayonet fittings as I have factory HIDs. So I check the numbers on the bulbs and order the same fitting. Bit tight but ok. Fit the new ones using bit of paper packing and tape to make a good connection and to make a tight fit in the light as the bulb holders are cracked too. Not convinced by the fit but works fine for a week or two until the right one stops working. Thinking its a dodgy connection I remove it but end up probably damaging the led so fit standard bulb instead. Had a quick glow then stopped. It's never worked since. ~I've played with connections as best I can but no help at all and last night the bulb warning kept going off instead of constant like before. A couple of times the left warning joined in nad last week the warning for left hid leveller flashed on for a minute or two...

Any suggestions? And yes, I do now know the bulb is the wrong sort as the previous owner fitted 180 bayonets instead of the correct offset lug bulbs which I have now ordered, but the old bulbs still worked they just cracked the housing..

Well, looks like it is a break in the earth wire and dodgy connections. I'll order a new part and then have the fun of wiring it in. I assume that's a headlight out job? Is that as simple as the two bolts on top then slide out? I need to raise the baseline of the headlamp beam as they are too low when self levelling. Any ideas if this is the hex adjusters on the lamps themselves or by the screw adjuster on the headlamp assembly?